Office RN Registered Nurse – Neurology – AdventHealth Medical Group
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Up to 3K Sign-On Bonus
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person & Mental Health Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Location: 742 W Plymouth Dr, Deland, FL 32720
The role you’ll contribute:
The office nurse is a registered healthcare professional providing patient care, and other assigned duties, under the direction of the physician and/or nurse manager in compliance with established standards and protocols of the practice and AdventHealth Medical Group goals and objectives.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Escorts patients from waiting area into exam room. Documents brief history of reason for visit and obtains and records vital signs following traditional techniques.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician.
- Documents and administers immunizations and therapeutic injections, as well as medications, under the supervision of the physician.
- Schedules patients for procedures, diagnostic testing or specialists, as directed by the physician.
- Assists physician with in-office procedures.
- Performs venipuncture and stat lab work, as ordered by the physician, during the patient visit. Prepares specimens for outside lab testing.
- Relays laboratory and x-ray results to patients, via telephone or mail, as directed by the physician. Maintains a log of diagnostic tests, ordered and received, as well as notification of patient.
- Accepts and communicates all “acute” telephone messages to the physician.
- Upon request, communicates physician directions to patient via return telephone calls.
- Telephones or faxes prescription requests to pharmacies as directed by the physician.
- Assumes responsibility for inventory control of clinical supplies, ensuring adequate levels are kept, and organized, on an ongoing basis. Unpacks and verifies proper receipt of supplies, handling any necessary returns, rejections, etc.