Location: Suffern, New York
The QHP Master Counselor is responsible for the coordination of treatment of all patients on assigned caseload. This position conducts psychosocial evaluations, psychoeducational groups, participates in formulating patient treatment plans in conjunction with other team members and maintains adequate patient records. In addition, the QHP Master Counselor performs screening interviews with prospective admissions when needed.
- Creates timely treatment plans and screening evaluations that suit the developmental needs for each patient per OASAS regulations.
- Performs concise and complete psychosocial assessments including clinical impression and plans for intervention.
- Utilizes OASAS Level of Care for Alcohol and Drug Treatment Referral (LOCADTR) tool to determine appropriate level of care and treatment.
- Provides individual, couple, family, and group clinical treatment as required.
- Works with patient/family to formulate and review treatment plan and goals.
- Participates in effective management of emergencies and adjusts established work plans as needed.
- Uses individualized treatment approaches in dealing with needs presented by patients/families.
- Establishes appropriate discharge plans for the patient based on appropriate level of care.
- Makes appropriate referrals to adult protective services or child protective services.
- Provides education in regards to substance abuse disorders for patient(s) and family members.
- Seeks supervision when required for clinical work and recognizes transference issues.
- Educates other hospital staff, staff at other agencies, patients, and community members about the range of behavioral health services available at Bon Secours Community Hospital and within the community.
- Protects customer rights confidentiality through written, oral and electronic communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of three years working as a CASAC or QHP in a chemical dependency setting required with 30-Hour OASAS Clinical Supervision Foundations I & II.
Master's degree in human services field required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Qualified Health Professional license/certification required - LMHC, LMSW, LCSW or CASAC.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.