Location: Stockton, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $212,990 to $260,000
Community Health Center/Community Clinic
Incentives offered on top of base salary along with relocation expense (capped)
3 openings available.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
San Joaquin Health Centers is currently seeking a Primary Care Physician to join our team.
- Provide medical services to patients of San Joaquin Health Centers (SJ Health), and others as deemed appropriate, in conjunction with policies and procedures, rules and regulations that are and may be established by the County and SJ Health
- Assist in the supervision and evaluation of professional staff assigned to the clinics of SJHC including, but not limited to, nurses, nurse practitioners, and/or physicians
- Provide, as necessary, assistance in the administration of the outpatient clinics at SJ Health
- Assist in SJ Health, quality improvement efforts and programs as directed by administrative and medical staff
- May be appointed to serve by the SJ Health Chief Medical Officer in a leadership capacity, for which additional compensation may be provided. Such appointment may be made solely at the discretion of the SJ Health Chief Medical Officer and/or SJ Health Chief Executive Officer
San Joaquin General Hospital, originally established in 1857, is a general acute care facility providing a full range of inpatient services including General Medical/Surgical Care, High-Risk Obstetrics and Neonatal Intensive Care, Pediatrics and Intensive Care. In addition to the 196-bed hospital, the medical campus includes multiple facilities dedicated to comprehensive outpatient services including Primary Care and Specialty Clinics. The Hospital's Ambulatory Care sites, including offices located at French Camp and Stockton provide over 1,340,000 outpatient clinic visits a year.
In addition to providing direct medical services, the hospital is active in providing education for health professionals through post-graduate residency programs in General Surgery, Internal Medicine and Family Practice and has trained over 3,000 physicians since the residency programs were established in 1932. The hospital also participates in clinical affiliation agreements for training programs in a variety of health professions including Registered and Licensed Vocational nurses, Pharmacists, Radiology Technologies, Social Workers and Respiratory Therapists.