Health Unit Coordinator – AdventHealth East Orlando
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family: (Customizable
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Pet Insurance*
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
- Sign-on Bonus*
- Relocation Bonus*
- Team Based Nursing Model*
- Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time/ Days and Nights
Shift: 7am -7pm or 7pm -7am
The role you’ll contribute:
The Health Unit Coordinator under the direct supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse, performs general non-clinical duties and specific services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures in the nursing department and hospital administration. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
* Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
* Identifies, prioritizes and transcribes all types of physician orders by completing the patient Kardex, proper care map, making out necessary requisitions.
* Notifies and calls other departments or physicians when necessary and places appropriate information on the chart, chart forms, computer and electronic record.
* Accesses the medication room to place meds in a secure area upon medication arrival to the floor.
* Performs indirect patient care duties related to admission, transfer and discharge.