Location: Madison, Wisconsin
What makes UW Health Rehab Hospital a great place to work? Our PEOPLE, of course!
We answer the call because we have a fundamental need to help people. In return, we get to work in an environment with leaders who strive to optimize job effectiveness, assure positive experiences and job satisfaction.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients. Opportunities through our continuing education programs, apprenticeship programs, and tuition reimbursement programs, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our hospital offers specialized rehab programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and many other conditions. We create individualized plans of care that address both intense rehab and acute medical needs. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of function and return home as soon as possible. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point-Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
Why work at UW Health Rehab Hospital? Be part of a team recognized by Newsweek as one of America's Best Rehabilitation Centers dedicated to patient hope, healing, and recovery.
The Clinical Liaison initiates one on one dialog with potential referral sources and maintains professional relationships with current referral sources. They design, develop and drive cutting edge sales strategies designed to increase patient admissions that leverage partner's core competence in the area of rehabilitating medically complex patients.
The Clinical Liaison leverages their clinical and sales expertise to promote the Hospital to prospective referral sources aiding in the patient admissions/referral process. This process begins with identifying new prospects, educating them on the Hospital and clearly establishing how we are able to differentiate ourselves from the competition. Through the building of long-term relationships with these referring facilities and physicians, the Clinical Liaison facilitates the identification and assessment of future patient admissions factoring in length of stay, and level of acuity which should align with the outcomes expected from Lifepoint's clinical expertise in rehabilitation and nursing. This is a field-based position spending the majority of time in the field, making presentations, assessing patients and building these long-term relationships.
- Assists and coordinates in-take and pre-admission screening process.
- Performs on-site (typically in referring facility) clinical judgment to determine appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Communicates to patients and families rehabilitation and facility options. Communicates to patients determined appropriate for admission the patient's expectations and requirements for participation.
- Secures information relating to patients resources and benefits.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development, and the aging process for the planning and delivery of age-appropriate care.
- Functions as initial contact for external case management and discharge planner personnel with payors and hospital facilities.
- Completes face to face, in-service education contacts to physicians, and face-to-face, in-service educational contacts to case managers, and other professionals.
- Informs and educates physicians, case managers, and other decision makers about the Hospital and acute rehabilitation services.
- Performs market analysis, market research and development and implementation of marketing and business plans.
- Assists in developing the annual market plan for the facility.
- Develops marketing plans for assigned programs, which includes market analysis and financial feasibility studies.
- Assists the various departments of the facility with new business and marketing plans.
- Continuously monitors the effectiveness of new and existing marketing plans.
- Represents the facility with business leaders, physicians, the community and the media.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills within the facility and with the public.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Director of Business Development and the marketing staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful conditions.
- Consistently completes all assignments in a timely manner, is thorough and appropriately detailed.
- Clinical Licensure required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous marketing/sales experience preferred
- Previous clinical experience preferred with demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and EMR systems.
- Formal Sales Training preferred
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here