Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists in providing basic and routine care for patients in an assigned area, under the supervision of licensed nursing personnel. This will include being able to document on patient's status in accordance to the program's policies.
- Follows Policies and Procedures of the specific unit, Department of Nursing, and supports the hospital and department mission, goals and objectives.
- Promotes team work with physicians, case managers, nurses and personnel of other departments.
- Manages all supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner consistent with budgeting limits for the department.
- After orientation, will perform all skills in job appropriate competencies.
- Under the supervision of the nursing personnel, will assist in the organization and completion of therapeutic groups, based on the program schedule.
- Will maintain his/her competency notebook and participate in any program educational services.
- Maintain yearly updates of mandatory education.
- Contributes to the continuous Performance Improvement process.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in Human Services-Mental Health, or other behavioral science discipline.
- 1 - 2 years mental health or related healthcare experience may be substituted for Associate degree.
- Ability to interact with psychiatric patients in various stages of illness.
- Ability to participate in Performance Improvement activities. Will meet the physical qualifications for the job position.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- CPI required within 90 days
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.