Graduate Reg Respiratory Therapist
Adult Respiratory Care
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus
Performs routine respiratory care procedures in the acute care, critical care and outpatient environment; perform respiratory care assessments and diagnostic testing procedures associated with respiratory care under occasional guidance.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation.
- Provides education for students in affiliated clinical training programs as well as patients and families.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Respiratory Care Department is active in all patient-care settings and provides around-the-clock services to all Vanderbilt Medical Center departments. Respiratory therapists consult with physicians regarding the selection of procedures and courses of therapy. They also assist patients and families with instruction on respiratory home care therapy and associated equipment.
Sign-On Bonus Requirements/Information :
- The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC within the last year.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.