Location: Cheraw, South Carolina
Position: Speech Language Pathologist
Setting: Outpatient and Acute
City / State: Cheraw, SC
ASK ABOUT OUR QUARTERLY BONUSES! (Details discussed during interview process. Quarterly bonuses only paid during the first 2 years of employment for this position)
Lifepoint Rehabilitation is a leading provider of acute inpatient rehabilitation services with more than 300 hospital-based rehabilitation units, medical/surgical and outpatient therapy settings and more than 30 joint venture inpatient rehabilitation hospitals across the country. We provide high quality, patient-centered care to those who have experienced a loss of function from an injury or illness. Our goal is to help our patients recover as fully as possible and regain the level of independence they hope to achieve.
Success within a company doesn't just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization's goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts today!
Responsibilities: Speech Language Pathologist / SLP:
- Play an important part in helping our patient to recover and feel better about themselves by providing therapy to maximize speech, language, cognitive and swallowing abilities.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
- Document patient care, regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal laws.
As a Speech Language Pathologist / SLP you will have:
Graduate of a master's level program in Speech Language Pathology which is accredited by Education Standards Board or whose practice meets ASHA certification requirements.
Meet the education and experience requirements for Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology or Audiology granted by ASHA
Minimum of six months speech therapist / speech language pathologist experience working with an adult and geriatric population.
Current and unrestricted Speech Language Pathologist license in the state where services are rendered.
Current CPR certification.
Strong organizational and communication skills.