Location: Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
- Position: PTA
- Setting: Outpatient
- City / State: Roanoke Rapids, NC
Lifepoint Rehabilitation is a leading provider of acute inpatient rehabilitation services with more than 300 hospital-based rehabilitation units, medical/surgical and outpatient therapy settings and more than 30 joint venture inpatient rehabilitation hospitals across the country. We provide high quality, patient-centered care to those who have experienced a loss of function from an injury or illness. Our goal is to help our patients recover as fully as possible and regain the level of independence they hope to achieve.
Success within a company doesn't just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization's goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts today!
Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA responsibilities:
- Work in a team where you will provide quality, compassionate care in a secure setting.
- Under the supervision of the Physical Therapist, you will implement the patient's Care Plan for rehabilitation. Help mentally and/or physically impaired patients to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
- Document patient care in accordance with regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal laws.
As a Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA you will have:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA program culminating in an Associate Degree.
- Current state licensure as Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA or equivalent in the states where services are rendered.
- CPR certification (when required)