All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Team Based Nursing Model*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): “Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.”
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers – in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET technique.
· Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
· Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
· Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
· Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Skills required to work in critical care area as defined by unit
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.