All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
Conducts occupational therapy under the supervision of an occupational therapist.
· COTA, PRN, Tier 2: Commitment:
o 2 weekend shifts (8-hour shifts) per month on average.
o 2 holiday shifts (8-hour shifts) per year
Each Tier is based on a contractual up-front commitment and not necessarily what is actually worked. It is the up-front commitment and follow through that sets the tier. The commitment described in each tier is a baseline and not a limit. An employee at any tier may work more than what is described for their tier. The hourly rate set for each tier will apply to any and all work the employee provides, not just the required work for their tier. It is possible that an employee winds up working all the requirements of a higher tier, but if that was not agreed to in advance it will not change the tiering for that period. Holiday and weekend differential will be applied on top of the tiered rate. The commitment is for each tier is not a guarantee of work. Employees may be called off if there is not sufficient work for everyone scheduled, but in this case the commitment will be considered fulfilled and the call off will not affect the tiering. Employees will be allowed to change tiers Jan 2nd through the end of February each year.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Implements a treatment plan of care established by an Occupational Therapist utilizing Practice Standards and recommended techniques, insurance guidelines and patient’s needs.
· Monitors patient response and progress to treatment and communicates with the Occupational Therapist to modify treatment plan as appropriate
· Documents and Charges accurately, completely, and timely using measurable and objective terminology, following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department /hospital policy and procedures
· Educates patients, family members, and caregivers about identified needs and including discharge recommendations
· As appropriate communicates effectively with patients, family and health care professionals within and across care settings and communities
· May oversee the care provided by therapy aides, according to established regulations and practice standards
· Meets productivity standard as defined by department
· Attends department meetings and education as required
· Practice’s principles of professional development and performance improvement by maintaining clinical knowledge, using best and/or evidence-based practices supports quality standards and initiatives set by the departmentand serving as a clinical instructor
· Willingly adjust and adapt to changes in patient census by altering working hours to assist in other centers, programs as needed, approved and observed by manager
· Regularly participates in marketing to physicians/physician practices to build referral relationships. Supports consumer marketing and public awareness through participation in community events, educational lectures/speaking, and/or other extension of clinical expertise to the community as approved by manager or director.
· Performs other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Licensed in applicable state as a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification must be obtained before employee starts patient care
Entry level competency of occupational therapy practice, theory, principle, and applications as defined in competency department policies
Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.