The Physical Therapist is responsible for the evaluation and treatment of disabilities, injuries, rehabilitation, and diseases as related to functional impairments. The Physical Therapist uses a variety of therapeutic techniques to promote functional independence and improve quality of life.
1. Evaluates and treats disabilities, injuries, and diseases as related to functional impairments
2. Helps patient develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities by implementing programs involving manual arts and crafts, practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills, activities of daily living, and sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities; directing aides, technicians, and assistants
3. Uses a variety of therapeutic techniques to promote functional independence and improve the quality of life for the patient
4. Delegates the plan of care to assistive personnel and monitors quality of care
5. Evaluates results of physical therapy by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications
6. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
? Masterâ��s Degree in Physical Therapy required, Doctorate in Physical Therapy preferred
? 2 years of physical therapist experience preferred
? Licensed Physical Therapist in the State of Florida
? Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider required
Job: Physical Therapy
Primary Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Facility: The Paley Institute
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.