Case Management Assistant PRN Days - AdventHealth Connerton
Location Address: 9441 Health Center Drive Land O' Lakes, Florida 34637
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Connerton
Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Faxing utilization clinical reviews to third party payers
· Monitoring receipt and distribution of third party payer requests and logs
· Assists with locating appropriate facilities for placement of patients moving to another level of care
· Facilitation of the transfer to alternate care facilities including transport arrangements
· Facilitating referrals for home care services
· Provides backup administrative/clerical assistance to department administrative assistant
· Assists with providing patients with Medicare Important Message (IM) per policy
· Insurance authorization follow up
· Assists CM staff with clerical duties such as faxing and telephone support
· Performs other duties as assig
What You Will Need:
High School graduate or equivalent required.
Minimum one year office experience, preferably in a medical setting.
Intermediate to advanced computer skills required to include, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Medical terminology helpful.
Good public relations/clerical and computer skills.
Nice to Have:
Previous data entry experience preferred.
The Case Management Assistant provides clerical support to the Case Managers and Social Workers to facilitate and execute discharge plans and other related activities as needed. Provides administrative support for the Case Management Department in the absence of department secretary
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.