Providence is calling a Family Therapist (Psychiatric Center for Children & Adolescents, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Keep updated on relevant clinical issues and participate in clinical supervision.
- Provide a confidential/ safe environment for the patient/family.
- Individualize patient care using age related concepts based on the unit population and adult parents including adolescents (ages 12-18) by applying age related concepts including knowledge of growth and development, safety needs, collection and interpretation of data, treatments and care typically required and participating in the evaluation of care.
- Utilize age related concepts when communicating with patients and families.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology or related Human Services
- Valid and unencumbered Washington State License/Registration for one of the following:
- Agency Affiliated Counselor
- Certified Counselor
- Mental Health Counselor
- Licensed Advance Social Worker
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current experience in a variety of mental health services
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 149654