Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapist - PER DIEM to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
This is a Per Diem, variable shift position and is not eligible for benefits nor is there a guarantee of hours.
We are seeking a licensed respiratory therapist who uses initiative and independent judgment to provide preventative and restorative care to patients with breathing problems or cardiopulmonary disorders.
In this position you will:
- Be an integral part of the interdisciplinary team that cares for patients of all ages
- Manage, assess, plan, and evaluate care for patients with acute and/or chronic cardiopulmonary deficiencies and abnormalities
- Set up ventilator for intubated patients
- Administer medications and therapy via established protocols
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school for Respiratory Therapy
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner licensure in Washington State
- Current or eligible for Respiratory Therapist registry
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification within 18 months of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience as a Respiratory Therapist
- Proficiency with computers and clinical applications
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Respiratory Therapists
Req ID: 140860