Providence is calling for an On Call/ Day Shift Transition Planning MSW to Providence Health & Services in Everett, WA. We are seeking a compassionate caregiver to provide support to our team that is flexible and willing to work On Call supporting a Day Shift with the flexibility to work some weekends.
In this position you will:
- Plan and coordinate activities related to transition planning
- Develop and implement a plan of care designed to meet the patient's post hospitalization needs while ensuring continuity of care.
- Responsible for the collaboration with medical staff, patient, family community agencies, or facilities involved in patient's care, and the health care team
- Assure, facilitate, plan and advocate for health needs on an individual basis resulting in quality, cost effective outcomes
- Recognize and assess individual patient and family needs or requirements for safe and appropriate discharge from the acute care setting
- Work collaboratively with physicians, other healthcare team members, community agencies and family to develop a patient/family-focused discharge plan that identifies needed resources and linkages to achieve timely and optimal discharge
- Provide patient, family, staff and physicians with pertinent community resource information, access and regulatory requirements
- Where appropriate, may provide psycho/social evaluations, create plans to address the issues identified and implement necessary interventions
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from a Master's Program
- Current Washington State Licensure/Certification
- Prior experience in discharge planning for medical/surgical patients in an inpatient or outpatient setting
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters in Social Work or Counseling
- Current Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor, Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Associate, Licensed Advanced Social Worker or Associate, or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker or Associate
- Two (2) years of experience in an acute hospital setting
- Prior experience in an outpatient clinic setting providing primary or specialty care
- Prior experience working with Electronic Medical Records, such as EPIC
- Prior experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 146348