Providence is calling a Physical Therapist ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Transitional Care Center at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance, CA.
This job opening is for a per diem Physical Therapy position at theProvidence Transitional Care Center/ Unit. The TCC/TCU has 77 bedsand treats a wide variety of patients which may include but not limited toorthopedic, neurological, trauma, medica l, surgical, cardiacand pulmonary. We are a short term inpatient facility with goals gearedtowards helping the patient improve their functional status so they may returnhome or to their appropriate destination. The applicant for this positionwill need to work three Saturday's a month and is required to work at least 1 holiday ( Memorial Day, Fourth of Julyor Labor Day) each year.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice in accordance with regulatory agencies and the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Demonstrate proficient clinical knowledge and skills in providing and initiating treatment programs for individuals with physical impairments.
- Utilize a collaborative team approach, the physical therapist accurately assesses patients' needs: identifies and initiates appropriate physical therapy interventions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California State Physical Therapy License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate from American Heart Association
- Good working knowledge of general and specialized clinical equipment.
- Fluent ability to understand oral and written English, including English text.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, completes assignments on time.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative working relationship with patients, families and coworkers.
- Ability to type and use a computer efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively independently and with a team
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: 148089