Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapist to the Respiratory Therapy Services Department at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
Provides Respiratory Therapy services to patients as prescribed by Physicians in conjunction with established policies and procedures.
In this position, you will:
- Provide diagnostic testing for patients with cardiopulmonary difficulties.
- Provide professional Respiratory care for assigned patients in Home Health.
- Deliver physician ordered respiratory care to all areas of the medical center according to hospital, department and Patient Care division policies and procedures.
- Document care electronically via hospital approved EMR ensuring accuracy.
- Provide diagnostic services to assess patients' cardiopulmonary system which includes 12-lead EKGs, treadmill testing, pulmonary function testing, arterial blood gas analysis, Holter monitoring, Event monitoring pulse oximetry and other similar diagnostic procedures.
- Provide general respiratory education to staff and community members as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy education program accredited by the Joint Commission on Respiratory Therapy Education (JCRTE).
- Must be credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- Must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) certifications.
- Newly hired Therapists who do not have these current certifications have one month (1) from hire for BLS and eight (8) months from hire for ACLS and PALS to obtain.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Care.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Those obtaining NBRC credentials after July 1, 2002, must provide proof of credential renewal every five (5) years.
- One year clinical experience as Respiratory Therapist.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Respiratory Therapy
Req ID: 144596