Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapist I - The Children's Hospital at Providence to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Respiratory Therapist I – TCHAP to provide services to patients in the NICU/PICU as prescribed by Physicians/NNPs in conjunction with established policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines. She/He is responsible for the assessing the patient's respiratory status and recommending appropriate therapies. Implement therapies and evaluates patient response to therapeutic interventions. Accept and promote professional development as an integral part of practice. Access, analyze, customize, coordinate and communicate the patient's plan of care and actively collaborate with other members of the health care team.
In this position you will:
- Perform mechanical ventilation set-ups, monitoring, assessment of equipment/patient interfaces, and makes appropriate changes based on ABGs.
- Communicate patient's status to health care team.
- Competent in the input and retrieval of information within the various forms of written and electronic documentation.
- Consistently demonstrate and promote safe patient care practices: (i.e., Hand washing, Positive Patient ID, Communication, Reduction of infection risks, Inclusion of patients/families concerns and access to healthcare team).
- Actively participate in Department and Unit based Quality Improvement Programs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy education program accredited by the Joint Commission on Respiratory Therapy Education (JCRTE).
- Must be credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Certified.
- Those obtaining NBRC credentials after July 1, 2002, must provide proof of credential renewal every five (5) years. Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- Respiratory Therapists must have and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certifications.
- New hires have one month to obtain BLS and eight (8) months from the date of hire to obtain PALS and NRP certifications.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associates degree in Respiratory Care.
- One year experience in a NICU/PICU as Respiratory Therapist.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Respiratory Therapy
Req ID: 151400